Hi, I'm Jasmin,
and I'm not very good at introductions, but seeing as I've got plenty of new watchers, I decided to try anyway
So, who am I? Well, in this so-called real life, I am a process engineer working for a plant engineering and construction company
based in Frankfurt am Main
, Germany. I design plants that remove certain unwanted gases (like CO2 and H2S) from either natural gas or synthesis gas streams. I live with my boyfriend in a small town just outside of Frankfurt at the foot of the Taunus
The contrast between countryside and this skyscraper-filled city is great; and not just for taking photos.
Though taking photos is of course my most prominent hobby - that and creating photomanipulations
, which you can find on my art account `kuschelirmel [these are so NOT stock ]
These are just three of my personal faves from 2012. Looking at last year, I think it's the first time that I uploaded more stock than manips, which I'm sure is mostly due to the fact that preparing stock images for upload just doesn't take as long as doing a manip ^^ Plus I have a LOT of stuff that would be great stock still lying around. In 2012, I haven't even begun to clear out that backlog!
While I do get loads of stock from around here, I also travel quite a lot. Partly because of work and partly with my boyfriend. For example, this year, we went to Paris
, France, in April/May to celebrate our anniversary. And in September, we were at the Côte d'Azur
(Southern France) for our vacation:
For work, I visited Krakow
, Poland, a few times this year, in March I was there for 2 weeks and had the weekend to take photos! Krakow is a beautiful city. It's so old and the inhabitants are so open and the whole city is thrumming with life and music!
Hmm, what else?
- The first money I ever earned I got for doing a juggling performance with a few other kids from school at the mayor's New Year's reception. I can still juggle 4 balls - I think
- I grew up in a very small village on the Swabian Alb in Southern Germany. I studied process engineering in Karlsruhe and thus I come complete with dialekt (even though it's now a mix between schwäbisch and badisch)
- I always joke that my English is better than my (standard) German
- I don't like doing sports; the maximum I do is go swimming, but I've been slacking for weeks.
- I love, love, love chocolate!
- And I love good food in general (needless to say I ate and ate when we were on vacation in France...)
- I'm not a thin person, but I guess you could deduce that from above
- I used to be photomanip CV with my main account `kuschelirmel. Twice.
- I wish I had more time to upload stuff and comment on your wonderful art and write tutorials!
- I'd also love to get around to doing more css journals and brushes.
- If you want to make me happy, use my stock and show me what you've created!
^^ that's me.
And who are you?
I'd love to get to know you - old and new watchers, visitors, whoever feels like saying hi!