Okay, first off, I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. The reason is that my latest stock submission, Herbstspaziergang IV
has apparently shot to dA's front page yesterday and got faves over 800 times since
Soooo, in honour of that (and in the hopes of many great manips/drawings/uses in general) I'm having a
Mini Contest - Herbstspaziergang
- Task: Use at least ONE of the images below to create a manip or drawing.
- Deadline: 24.11.2012, 11:29 pm CET (German time) - find a countdown here [link]
- How to enter: note me with your entry (notes are better than comments for keeping track!) and I will add it to the MiniContest Folder in my faves -- please put in the artist's comment that it's for this contest!
- Judge: =kuschelirmel-stock & poll
- Prizes: 500 points for my personal choice winner; 200 points for the public choice winner (poll with the finalists); 50 points for honorable mentions; exclusive stock pack from =kuschelirmel-stock for winners and honorable mentions; exclusive stock pack for each of the two winners from ^PirateLotus-Stock
plus of course a journal will be displaying all winners/honorable mentions here and from *Earlymorningdarkness
Things you should know!
The CSS Calendar Project`ginkgografix is doing another css calender project this year If you want to participate, head over to her journal and let her know!
I have already secured a spot, so this would be a good time to tell me if you have any special css wishes - I'm always looking for fresh ideas! Just leave a comment!
Password Protected ZIP/RAR FilesThere was some news that zip files with passwords will no longer be tolerated on dA - see this announcement. While at first I was like "wtf did they do that for?!" I now do get it after reading ^Elandria's whole journal (so please do the same before complaining!). I would rather be a little inconvenienced that give idiots the opportunity to spread viruses to unsuspecting dA users. That means my own password protected packs will soon be moving and only the covers will remain. I think I will also put the individual images up as Premium Content, so people can have singles more easily, but winners still win packs (I hope that sentence made sense ^^).
CSS Did you Know SeriesI stumbled over a very cool series of articles - one that tells me I should do more css so I don't get completely rusty! I'm talking about ^ladygagz's series "CSS Did You Know?", below is a selection of what he's been writing about so far:
- CSS Did You Know Introduction
- CSS Tips: Presentation & Custom Buttons
- Class Selectors & Advances CSS 3D Buttons
- Custom Boxes
- Gradients with CSS & How to: Styling
I hope he'll be doing a lot more of these!